A new TariffShark release is available primarily as a fix for the “This method or property is not available because the document is locked for editing” error.
Background and Details
When TariffShark on your desktop is working with Tariff Record Version content files in Microsoft Word, the following error appears: This method or property is not available because the document is locked for editing. The following TariffShark activities may result in this error:
- The Shark is swimming to perform TRV Content Processing
- You selected Option 3 (Import Microsoft Word document) in the Build Content wizard and you used the “Optional Document Compare” option
The underlying cause of the error is that Microsoft is rolling out an update to Microsoft Word, one that altered Word’s behavior when documents are open for “read only”. In a few places in TariffShark, the new Word behavior triggers the “This method or property is not available because the document is locked for editing” error.
- If you’re running release 5.1.5, release 5.1.6 is available for download. The update merely requires that you install an updated TariffShark desktop client.
- If you’re running an earlier 5.1.x release, we recommend updating to release 5.1.6, but a hotfix may be available (see below).
- If you’re running one of various earlier releases and your desktop version is one of the following, a hotfix is available.
|Your TariffShark Desktop Client Version||Hotfix Version|
Please visit the TariffShark website for detailed instructions or contact TariffShark Support.
If you’re not yet using TariffShark to meet your FERC eTariff obligations, we invite you to contact sales and ask for a demo of TariffShark Tiger today.