The need to move the TariffShark client application from one PC to another usually occurs when a TariffShark user has been issued a new computer. The process to be followed is similar to the upgrade process and is outlined here.
- On the new PC, follow the TariffShark Desktop Client Installer Guide until you get to the step called “Complete Page”, which is the final step of the installation wizard. Do not run TariffShark just yet.
- On both the old and new PCs, open TariffShark’s global application settings folder (C:\ProgramData\Links Technology Solutions\). Note that this is a hidden folder and, depending on Windows settings, may not be visible. One way to get to it is to type the path in the Windows Explorer address bar.
- Find the “TariffShark Tiger” or “TariffShark Tiger SP1” folder on the old PC and copy its contents to the same folder on the new PC.
- If you use proxy configuration settings other than the default ones…
- On the old PC, locate the proxy.config file located in the TariffShark installation folder (usually in C:\Program Files).
- Copy the proxy.config file identified into the TariffShark installation folder on the new PC.
- There is no need to register the TariffShark client on the new PC with a TariffShark server, unless the TariffShark server has changed.
If you have questions or would like to discuss the new PC installation process in greater detail, we’d love to hear from you. Comment below or contact TariffShark Support.